Legislation to tax Home Brewed Beer and Wine - 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okbecker

Reaction score
Don't know if any of you have seen this.

https://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/b_three_sections_with_teasers/active_leg_page.htm

Representative Peter DeMayo of Oregon has introduced legislation to tax all Beer and Wine produced for personal consumption in an effort to "curb underage drinking".

CFR:

Liability for Tax

return arrow Back to Top
§25.151.A Rate of tax.

All beer, brewed or produced, and removed for personal consumption, is subject to the tax prescribed by 26 U.S.C. 5051.A, for every gallon and at a like rate for any other quantity or for the fractional parts of a gallon as authorized in §25.156.A

Guess they need more tax dollars!!!

got me on first post i was thinking, americans will tax air.
this my fave beer related joke of today
ban:

Last edited by a moderator:
oh man, you got me good....

best joke of the day! Which is saying something since my manager spilled a tray of FAKE blood samples right next to me today!!!

I guess I was lucky that a) this is my favorite day of the year so I'm always prepared and b) first thing I saw this morning was an April Fools joke I've known was coming for months from a local taproom (about how they're downsizing to brewing only single-pint batches).

If this were to actually happen, Oregon would be the last place I'd expect. AL or MS would be much more likely.

My favorite gag of the day was two locals and a fake "trademark" dispute, Lost Rhino and Old Ox, both in Ashburn VA. You may remember Old Ox is the one being sued by Red Bull because apparently "Ox" and "Bull" are to similar or some such wankery. However, in that context, it's even funnier. It's an exchange on Facebook you could easily find just googling one of the two breweries.

Latest posts

Back