Leaky spigot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormcrow

Reaction score
First time using a 3 gallon Fermonster. I've got 3 gallons of cider in it and the plastic spigot is leaking, not around where it seats against the vessel, but out the bottom of the spigot like the valve is bypassing. It is not major; just a tiny seep resulting in a little sticky puddle.

Is there any fixing this, or should I just clean it as well as possible and replace it after bottling?

Anybody else had trouble with these? If you're not familiar, they're basically the same plastic spigot people use on bottling buckets.

If nothing else, flip the spigot upside down, then attach a piece of tubing long enough to get the end of it higher than the level of your cider. That should get you through this fermentation, then do some troubleshooting with water before you use this fermenter again! I have a couple of Fermonsters, and I love them.

If nothing else, flip the spigot upside down, then attach a piece of tubing long enough to get the end of it higher than the level of your cider. That should get you through this fermentation, then do some troubleshooting with water before you use this fermenter again! I have a couple of Fermonsters, and I love them.
Genius. Thanks

They looks simple enough to simply replace. Assuming that the internal ball valve is what is leaking, just get a new one. Maybe they will send you a replacement under warranty. If there is a seal leaking, replace the seal.

They looks simple enough to simply replace. Assuming that the internal ball valve is what is leaking, just get a new one. Maybe they will send you a replacement under warranty. If there is a seal leaking, replace the seal.
I agree; I was just trying to give him a solution to make it through this fermentation without having to transfer to another fermenter.

Back