Leaky regulator relief valve?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zacharomyces

Reaction score
I ordered a kit from kegconnection a couple weeks ago and finally got around to hooking everything up today. The only thing is that I can hear a slight hissing sound coming from a small hole on the back of the pressure relief valve on one of the low pressure gauges. I'm thinking this is just going to slowly drain my CO2, or does it stop eventually? Any ideas?

PS: WOW, kegging is going to save sooooo much time! Filled a keg and blasted it with 30 PSI, was done in under 10 min! Sweet!

I ordered a kit from kegconnection a couple weeks ago and finally got around to hooking everything up today. The only thing is that I can hear a slight hissing sound coming from a small hole on the back of the pressure relief valve on one of the low pressure gauges. I'm thinking this is just going to slowly drain my CO2, or does it stop eventually? Any ideas?

PS: WOW, kegging is going to save sooooo much time! Filled a keg and blasted it with 30 PSI, was done in under 10 min! Sweet!

If the hissing is coming from the relief and is continual the relief is faulty. However, some regs hiss and or buzz as the gas passes across the diaphragm. To be certain maybe hold a lighter behind the reg to see if the is in fact a gas release.

Even at 30psi It's not done in 10 min I guarantee it. All it's done is pressurize the head space in the keg. the CO2 now needs to dissolve into the beer.

Back