Lawsuit Against Anheuser-Busch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D

No ****? Really?

I never knew. :rolleyes:

Are you fecking serious?

So, are you saying that AB-InBev lack quality? Because according to Merriam-Webster they consistently produce the definition of quality on at least 5 points.

I dunno what the hell you are trying to compare here, acumen?

Your taste is subjective, yes certainly. Even relative. In so much that despite some dislike for the product itself I'm willing to bet a Ice Cold Bud would be more refreshing after 3 hours of cutting grass with a push mower in 100 degree heat than say a Imperial Milk Stout.

But, an individuals dislike for a product does not mean it is an inferior product with respect to the quality of how it was produced, the quality of the means, materials, methods.

I don't like Diet drinks. They taste like utter crap to me. Doesn't mean the companies that produce them are inferior, or guilty of improprieties thus deserve to be roasted in the bowels of hell.

Doesn't mean the product lacks quality. Just means I don't like the qualitites of the product. So what's the solution?

It's actually amazingly simple. In fact, it's mindboggling no-one here that professes a dislike for AB has thought of it, you just don't buy it. Simple as that. Keep on walking. No harm, No foul. And the world keeps spinning.

In fact, I bet that if nobody bought the products then AB-InBev would cease to exist. Makes sense don't it? That a company would keep producing such a horrible product because sombody out there keeps buying it.

The majority of people have bad taste in everything. Beer, music, wine, art, architecture, personal style, food, home decor, film, you name it. Yes taste is subjective, but the reality is most people don't know or don't care enough to educate themselves properly on anything. Grab a big mac, a budweiser and watch whatever is advertised the most, it's easy being a sheep.

Being elitist about the things you know more about than the general public is not the way to inform them about those things though. Railing against them on a public forum is certainly not the right path either. I realize people here are passionate about beer, but you need to realize not everyone is going to share all your passions. Think of things you have no passion for, do you care much about the quality of them?

MachineShopBrewing said:
How are you going to find OG though?

You can do it through the wonders of refractometers. The amount of alcohol is tied to the FG and the refractive index, and there are many calculators online to find the ABV of beers without an OG reading.

I absolutely cannot wrap my head around this.

Somebody buys some beer, and enjoys it enough that they buy it again...and again....and again.

Then they find out that there may have been a slightly reduced alcohol content so that their liver was slightly less damaged and they got slightly less drunk than possibly they could have.

Even if they are right, how do you show some kind of financial loss from this?

Let alone millions?

Even if they are right, and even if that means they should get paid, wouldn't this be the shortest court case of all time? Can't someone just go to the store, buy a 6 pack, send it to a lab and find out if it complies with labeling rules?

As I age, I think that I understand less and less about how the world works...

Even if they are right, and even if that means they should get paid, wouldn't this be the shortest court case of all time? Can't someone just go to the store, buy a 6 pack, send it to a lab and find out if it complies with labeling rules?

Yup. And Revvy posted a couple pages back that apparently someone has already done exactly that with several samples of several varieties (analyzed by White Labs). And while a few were dead on the nose, a few were off - by a few hundredths of a percent, which is well within allowable tolerances (someone erlier stated 3 tenths of a percent is the federally alowed variance). Case seemingly closed?

Yup. And Revvy posted a couple pages back that apparently someone has already done exactly that with several samples of several varieties (analyzed by White Labs). And while a few were dead on the nose, a few were off - by a few hundredths of a percent, which is well within allowable tolerances (someone erlier stated 3 tenths of a percent is the federally alowed variance). Case seemingly closed?

No, no, no, I'm pretty sure we can make this horse a little more dead. Now, where is my beatin' stick?!!?

If you hate ABInBev EvilCorp so much, why don't you try making your own beer and see how easy it is!?!?!?

Oh, wait. I'm on a homebrew forum. Really, it's not that difficult. Brew your own.

I guess I'm a sheep with bad taste then. Give me an ice cold long neck Bud on a hot summer day, and I'm a happy camper :mug:

I'm actually also in the minority here who does not think it's a capital crime to drink a bmc from time to time. Nothing better when at a music festival or tailgating, it's 2 thousand degrees out and you have 12+ hours of drinking ahead of you.

I drink Miller Lite all the time at Buffalo Wild Wings. $3 for a tall vs $7 for a short Guiness or Sam Adams, when I am not going to taste it after I start eating wings anyway.

It's pretty simple.

Those who can, do.

Those who can't, complain about those who can and call them evil and greedy and sue them because they feel cheated.

Atlas Shrugged much? That's just as false as saying that every corporation is out to swindle.

I'm actually also in the minority here who does not think it's a capital crime to drink a bmc from time to time. Nothing better when at a music festival or tailgating, it's 2 thousand degrees out and you have 12+ hours of drinking ahead of you.

I really don't understand the over-all hate for BMC in general, just for the sake of their Beers. I have friends who like IPA's, but would never drink a stout. I have friends that love Stouts, my amber and porters, but would never consider drinking an IPA, it's not their thing. So, being that BMC really is just another style of beer, is there really a crime in that being someone's favorite? My father is a Miller LIte Drinker, all he's ever drank has been the American Light Lager style of beer. He's tasted the beers I've made, he's tasted a Fat Tire, SN Pale Ale, Goos Island Honkers and in the end told me, "Meh, if that's what I had to drink, I probably wouldn't drink much beer anymore." So, if nothing else, I think BMC has made beer drinkers out of people that normally wouldn't have drank beer if BMC never existed. It definitely has it's place.

id rather drink pbr then bud anyday..

And think about it...........How much does it cost to make bud. how much does it cost to make homebrew? Which beer is better. how much would it cost to make bud at home and how much does bud make on a case of beer?

Atlas Shrugged much? That's just as false as saying that every corporation is out to swindle.

Have you worked for Corporate America in the last 10 years? They have been teaching this in the Universities since back in the 80's when I was there.

id rather drink pbr then bud anyday..

And think about it...........How much does it cost to make bud. how much does it cost to make homebrew? Which beer is better. how much would it cost to make bud at home and how much does bud make on a case of beer?

I can only think you are trolling at this point. Has this turned in to which american lager do you prefer? Making either one is harder than making many other "better" styles.

As long as we are going to keep be-laboring this conversation, like it or not, last time I checked Light American Lager was a recognized BJCP style with Miller Lite, Bud Light and Coors Light listed as classic examples of the style.

:D

No ****? Really?

I never knew. :rolleyes:

Are you fecking serious?

It's actually amazingly simple. In fact, it's mindboggling no-one here that professes a dislike for AB has thought of it, you just don't buy it. Simple as that. Keep on walking. No harm, No foul. And the world keeps spinning.

In fact, I bet that if nobody bought the products then AB-InBev would cease to exist. Makes sense don't it? That a company would keep producing such a horrible product because sombody out there keeps buying it.

I like bashing AB InBev. But if they stopped existing, I would be sad because I would have to find another corporate giant that sells high quality yellow fizz.

Why shouldn't I have fun bashing Bellbiff devoeBev? It's my lawful and god-given right.

lol

horse2.gif

The majority of people have bad taste in everything. Beer, music, wine, art, architecture, personal style, food, home decor, film, you name it. Yes taste is subjective, but the reality is most people don't know or don't care enough to educate themselves properly on anything. Grab a big mac, a budweiser and watch whatever is advertised the most, it's easy being a sheep.

Yes, but bad taste and a question of quality are two different things. The poster you're quoting was replying to someone who said that ABInbev wasn't "quality".

I think an analogy would be a Honda Civic (ABInbev) vs. a Bugatti (The Bruery). On almost any objective measurement, the Honda is higher quality than the Bugatti. It always starts, it rarely breaks down, every one coming off the line is as close to spot-on perfect as a car can get. Honda's got more people in their quality department than Bugatti probably has in their entire company.

The Bugatti is a cooler car. It's way more enjoyable to drive*. It's a handmade work of art. But nobody can make a claim that the Bugatti is higher quality than the Honda. Doing so is just silly.

A lot of people drive Honda Civics. Do you claim they all have bad taste because they're not driving Bugatti?

* An additional point. The Bugatti is more enjoyable to drive, but probably not when stuck on the 405 in a brutal LA traffic jam. Just like in some instances, drinking Black Tuesday might not be more enjoyable than drinking Black Crown. We recently had a beer tasting where the host made some awesome pulled pork. I had brought Black Crown partly in jest, when all the other beers were big imperial stouts/Belgians/barleywines/etc, including a 2009-2012 vertical of Black Tuesday. The tasting group was accomplished homebrewers and craft beer folks. Yet when it came to have lunch, several people asked "hey, where'd that Budweiser go?" Everything has a time and place, and when eating some nice spicy pulled pork, the Black Crown was actually very enjoyable.

Stick isnt working. Anyone have a shotgun? The truth is it is relly hard to make BMC beers over and over and over, and not only make them taste the same as last year but 40 years ago. With BMC you know the taste will be the same allways.

This was full page in the Houston chronicle. Budlight has a new can design!! Me likey

View attachment 104975
Point of information: After nearly ever large-scale disaster in recent history, Budweiser has shut down production at a brewery, and switched it to canning water. And then provides the canned water free of charge to the Red Cross and other relief organizations. According to one article, "Since 1988, Anheuser-Busch has donated more than 71 million cans of emergency drinking water following natural and other disasters."

(Think about it: They're perfectly positioned to do so. Large-scale, quality water supply, packaging system ready, distribution network in place...) What an evil corporation.

Sorry to ruin your delusion.

Point of information: After nearly ever large-scale disaster in recent history, Budweiser has shut down production at a brewery, and switched it to canning water. And then provides the canned water free of charge to the Red Cross and other relief organizations. According to one article, "Since 1988, Anheuser-Busch has donated more than 71 million cans of emergency drinking water following natural and other disasters."

(Think about it: They're perfectly positioned to do so. Large-scale, quality water supply, packaging system ready, distribution network in place...) What an evil corporation.

Sorry to ruin your delusion.

I do not have any delusion on AB. I just just that picture and put it on here. Its great that they help out in a disaster because they can (and probably a big tax break too). Dont have to be an a-hole about it.

I do not have any delusion on AB. I just just that picture and put it on here. Its great that they help out in a disaster because they can (and probably a big tax break too). Dont have to be an a-hole about it.
Who's the one that posted a photo of a public service done by a corporation (with no requirement to do so), and commented on it being a new can for Bud Light. You started down the a-hole path, don't complain when someone follows your lead.

Who's the one that posted a photo of a public service done by a corporation (with no requirement to do so), and commented on it being a new can for Bud Light. You started down the a-hole path, don't complain when someone follows your lead.

It was a joke anyhow. I saw the it and just wanted to post on here. It is on topic anyhow. The ad was place in the paper because of the lawsuit that just got filed on them. I dont care about the lawsuit because i do not buy their product and really do not care. Also you didnt have to say anything on that post and i'm not leading anyone.

Oh the evils of inbev. Every young man knows the more a young lady consumes the evil beverage produced by inbev the lower her knickers seem to go. Enough bud light and sometimes they fall right off in the backseat of a 57 chevy.

And folks wonder why budlight sells:ban:

dkwolf said:

Lighten up. I know this thread has been mostly AB bashing but his post was just a joke and it wasn't even his picture. It was in the newspaper. He didn't mention anything about AB being an evil corporation either. Why don't you spend more time reading posts and understanding what the person is really saying and less time jumping to conclusions.

Oh the evils of inbev. Every young man knows the more a young lady consumes the evil beverage produced by inbev the lower her knickers seem to go. Enough bud light and sometimes they fall right off in the backseat of a 57 chevy.

And folks wonder why budlight sells:ban:

Grain alchoal will do the same thing quicker, Would you drink 190 proof stuff though/

Grain alchoal will do the same thing quicker, Would you drink 190 proof stuff though/

Agree, however the window of opportunity for romance becomes drastically reduced. Nothing worst than getting your hopes up then finding yourself having to carry, clean up after, and babysit the rest of the evening. ;) I believe lite beer for the ladies is a better choice for this particular situation.

Agree, however the window of opportunity for romance becomes drastically reduced. Nothing worst than getting your hopes up then finding yourself having to carry, clean up after, and babysit the rest of the evening. ;) I believe lite beer for the ladies is a better choice for this particular situation.

May as well just give her a roofie and get to the date rape a little quicker.

Back