Blonde Ale Lawnmower Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about adding about half a gallon to a gallon of water to this in the keg to bring down the abv. Would that be a bad decision? It looks like its on its way to 5.75%

I wouldn't, simply because adding more water once fermentation is over seems to me like an easy way to add oxygen or cause other issues. IMO, it's better to leave it and then figure out what you need to adjust for the next batch.

Yeah thats what I thought... Thanks! The US-05 is eating threw this one like a beast! Its my first time using this yeast and I think I like it!!!

Well its fermented down to 1.011 from 1.061. Was supposed to be 1.017? Never went past my target fg before...

You'll have a crisper finish with a FG of 1.011 than you would have had at 1.017. IMO, that's a good thing as it makes for a quaffable brew. Although, with your starting gravity, you might be getting into imperial blonde ale territory :)

Gave two bottles of this to a beer aficionado friend.
He came back the next day and wants to buy a case!
No, I don't sell, but what a compliment to you, boydster.

That made my day!

Latest posts

Back