"Lawnmower beer" question for everyone...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to be clear, I wasn't addressing the OP specifically with my post. I was addressing the overall attitude of beer snobs, and some of the posts in the early part of this thread.

I skimmed a couple of pages and I haven't seen that anybody has mentioned this yet...

One reason is that not all BMC beers are created equal. Some achieve the colorless/flavorless/scentless aesthetic better than others. Some of them have a nasty aftertaste mixed in, etc.

There is not a great price vs. quality correlation, but there also are reasons not to be the cheapest possible BMC. Of course, I'm lucky in that I live in the same town as the Genesee brewery, which makes dirt cheap BMC-style that is pretty good (for what it is, of course)

There is a recipe on here called cream of three crops. Its great when mowing, is crisp clean and very drinkable but my favorite lawnmower beer is SNPA or my clone pale ale ice cold. I love the american hops and cut grass smell. Generally though when camping/canoeing/swimming I drink Bud Light. I can definetly tell the difference between BMC's though its a bit harder when they are realllly cold I wont drink any others. Also IPA's are good, I mean look why they became so popular.

This thread kinda makes me want to put together a lawnmower. Cream Ale with most of the hops dry might be nice eh? Really tho Id rather have a hefewiezen for yard work. Agrees with my palate much better.

Back