Large Tubing Bender

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

probiopc

Reaction score
Hello, I need to bender 3 tubes of 10mm and 12mm OD (stainless steel 316), and Yesterday I found this "Large Tube Bender"

What about this product? The device will work for bending pipes.

$T2eC16h,!)EE9s2ui)!4BQ1,y(wn(Q~~60_12.JPG

I have the exact same thing. Goes up to 1/2" OD.

Works ok, but you can still kink the pipe if you try to bend a tight 90.

Take it easy and watch your bend close. You can tell when it is starting to kink, then move up a bit and go at it again.

pb

I've only ever bent copper myself, but could you heat up the stainless with a heat gun to make it bend easier?

I've only ever bent copper myself, but could you heat up the stainless with a heat gun to make it bend easier?

I have never seen a heat gun with that kinda balls! A torch would do it.

But if it's coiled SS, it should bend without heat. If it's a stick and not soft, then you are fighting a loosing battle I think.

pb

But if it's coiled SS, it should bend without heat. If it's a stick and not soft, then you are fighting a loosing battle I think.

pb

Thanks, mm... the most probable that I can't to bend my tubes because its have 2 mm and 1 mm of wall. :C
What can I do?

I have:

1 tube: 12mm OD x 11mm ID x 1mm W
2 tubes: 10mm OD x 8mm ID x 2mm W

both tubes have 500mm long.

:( ???

pb

Thanks, mm... the most probable that I can't to bend my tubes because its have 2 mm and 1 mm of wall. :C
What can I do?

I have:

What can I do?

I have:

Okay, you are starting to sound like you have sticks of Stainless, instead of a coil or 2. If your tube is not soft, (it should bend by hand without major effort if it's soft), then you will have to use a torch, maybe MAP gas to help the bending.

If you are not trying to make a coil, (which I guess I assumed at the start), try compression fittings and elbows instead of bending.

pb --- tell me more about your project and that may help us to help you better.

Yes, if you have sticks of stainless, is there any "script" or "writing" printed on the outside of it, telling it's sizes, ( which you gave),and should also tell it's alloy, or composition, and possibly a "heat number", so you can determine the
"malleability" of it.
I see you are from Chile, and I am not wishing to confuse you with some of the words, as I do not know your grasp of the English language.

My grasp of the Spanish language is "no bueno" !

Latest posts

Back