Large bubbles in the bottle after I pour a homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quikfeet509

Reaction score
I've noticed the past several days when I pour bottles from my first two homebrew batches that there are large bubbles in the bottle after all the liquid has been poured out. It looks similar to the way bottles soaked in starsan look when you drain them out.

Is this normal, and can it affect the beer? I'm thinking so since starsan is an acidic sanitizer, but I really don't know for sure.

Thanks.

So the large bubbles last about 10 seconds and when I rinse the bottle out with water, many small bubbles are produced. This occurs after 2-3 rinses then the bottle "looks" cleaned out. It looks alot like the large bubbles that are created when the bottles are soaked in starsan then rinsed.

When I rinse the drinking glass after consuming the beer, once again small bubbles are produced.

I have seen this occur in some commercial beers, so I wouldn't worry about the large bubbles too much as long as you beer tastes good.

Latest posts

Back