Ladies/Gents! What are you brewing for yourself/the mom in your life on May 9?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seatazzz

Well-Known Bloviator & Pontificator
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As homebrewers, we don't really need a special occasion/date to brew; but it's fun to brew on special days, maybe name the beer something snappy that has to do with the holiday/occasion. Anyone brewing for the mom in your life tomorrow, or if you ARE the mom, something special for yourself? I'm going to do one of the house favorites, an IPA with nothing but Citra & Sabro as late/whirlpool/dry hop additions, on a pretty standard base of 8lbs two row/4lbs pilsner. When it's done right it has a HUGE pineapple presence in both flavor and aroma, with a somewhat elusive note of coconut that is intriguing. I'll go see my own mom tonight (she emphatically does NOT drink any alcohol, personal choice that has nothing to do with religion or anything, she just doesn't like it) so tomorrow is all mine. Husband will be going in to work so a day all to myself.

I’m brewing today, not because of Mother’s Day, but because it’s snowing, so we can’t work in the fields (it’s planting time here), and my pipeline is dry. Brewing a light lager, which I’m going to call “Beginner’s Beer”, so my light beer drinking friends and relatives will have something to drink.

I'm working out of state, but when I return home, I'll get a couple of batches of apple cider started for her and her friends, as she doesn't care for beer. I'll likely brew an IPA for myself, if there is time.

Back