labeling my brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corn

Reaction score
made up some quick labels on the computer for a couple of my brews. I'm only labeling the the ones that are going to be gifts, for those that have listened to my brewing adventures.

ForumRunner_20120313_021723.jpg

They do look good! I'm curious as to what program and paper you used as well. I've been using labels my wife got me for Christmas from myownlabels.com. They're great but creatively your limited to their designs.

well they started off with me drinking a few of my brews, then I had an idea to make some labels. I used the "microsoft paint" that came on my computer. the paper is regular printer paper. for the red ale, I used a candle to discolor the labels and burn the edges. fire the apa I soaked the finished labels in tea to give the paper color. once they were dry I used milk to apply the labels.

Did you say "milk" to apply the labels?

You can brush milk on the back of the paper and apply them to the bottle. When the milk dries it makes a great glue for the label and washes off with very little effort allowing you to reuse the bottle without much work.

Glue sticks work as well.

after they have dried, o found mixed results. some are stick on pretty good, others have fallen off just by touching the label.

Latest posts

Back