labeled keg posts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2talljones

Reaction score
I have a keg I purchased off craigslist some time ago that have the posts labeled 'in' and 'out' right on the top of the post. I have been looking online for some more posts like this. Does anyone know where to find them?

I realize you can tell the difference between them but love the ease of them being labeled. No chance of getting them backwards and having a hard time removing a stuck connector.

My kegs don't have the rubber tops so I just write on the SS with a black sharpie "in" & "out"

the top of the post is marked

20161230_134607.jpg

I have a keg I purchased off craigslist some time ago that have the posts labeled 'in' and 'out' right on the top of the post. I have been looking online for some more posts like this. Does anyone know where to find them?

I realize you can tell the difference between them but love the ease of them being labeled. No chance of getting them backwards and having a hard time removing a stuck connector.

Sounds cool - I'll be watching this thread for it. An easier / cheaper way is to just buy colored post orings. Black for beer, and colored (red/blue) for gas. I did that.

I use a silver sharpie, color a big spot o the gas in side of every keg. Quick and easy, even in low light of a keezer. Sorry I can't point you towards the posts you're looking for.

Many have the rubber handles notched on the gas side. I notch those that dont. As quite often I am not in the best light or cant see reaching into the kegerator for example. The notches work as I can feel them. And the price is right

Stamps are easier, its exactly what the company that sells the marked posts uses.

I have actually used the etch-o-matic. Trust me, it is easier. The most difficult part wwould be finding a type writer.

I have actually used the etch-o-matic. Trust me, it is easier. The most difficult part would be finding a type writer.

I know, I have 4 of them from a company that a good friend of the family started 41 years ago here in Salkum WA :) The stencils and fluid are a pain to deal with, not to mention that its not fool proof, it takes a bit of practice especially if you are doing small lettering. Not much work with a punch and hammer. Unfortunately all I have is a W to mark all my tools. A set is like $15 on amazon and you can replicate exactly the picture that was posted by 2talljones.

Latest posts

Back