label help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl

Reaction score
hello all knowing brew people. i have a pdf file i am desparately trying to turn into an affordable beer bottle label for 25-50 labels. i need the labels by 5/1. any suggestions?

thanks -

a beer plebe

It's hard to say based on the information you gave.

Does the pdf have a picture you're trying to use? If so, just copy the picture out and put it into a document laid out in the format you want (size/shape/rows/cols). Then print out on whole sheets of label paper, cut out your labels, and stick 'em on.

You could also try to work with your printer settings. If the whole pdf is the label, you could set your printer up to print x number of sheets/page to get you where you want.

pdfs are hard formats to work with though. If you're not able to copy out what you need, then you may have to re-generate the label in another format.

avery makes labels of various sizes (office stores) also just print on paper (no inkjet it will bleed) and super 77 spray adhesive them to DRY bottles. once it dries it should be good even in the frig.

I've used the avery removable labels - laser on them and apply to dry bottles they stick and remove easily. the super 77 might make a mess removing though FWIW it would be like recleaning labels off returnables.

A good program to nab images from anything on your screen is called SnagIt. If the quality in the PDF is good, you'll pull out the same quality. You can download a 30 day trial as well. Just give it a google.

Print screen takes a snapshot of your entire screen area where you can paste it elsewhere. Alt-Prt-Screen copies the active window only to your clipboard to paste elsewhere.

Anyone who is really into capturing images though, SnagIt is awesome. Don't think it is very expensive either. Try it, you'll like it. It's how we nab little chunks of screen regions for software training manuals where I work.

what do you need labels for?
nothing screams homebrew like a brown bottle with no label at all. i figure that you are giving it to your friends, and you can explain it in person.
the only time i printed labels was for a hb competition, i just labeled a few bottles for the counter and poured the rest out of unlabeled bottles.

barrett

gremlin said:
what do you need labels for?
nothing screams homebrew like a brown bottle with no label at all. i figure that you are giving it to your friends, and you can explain it in person.
the only time i printed labels was for a hb competition, i just labeled a few bottles for the counter and poured the rest out of unlabeled bottles.

barrett
I think labels are a great idea when home brew is given as gifts. I've also heard quite a few people talk about serving HB at weddings. How cool to have bottles of beer with a label that has the bride and groom on it.

Back