Kottbusser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_ale_scale

Reaction score
So I’ve been looking into old/rare or extinct beer styles. So I made a list of some a long with there characteristics, then it just so happens the head brewer I work under says that we are going to brew a Kottbusser. We stick fairly traditional with ingredients when it comes to brewing, when we started talking about it he tells me that we are going to use lacto and we aren’t using molasses. Does this sound right to you guys?

I made one roughly following the recipe in radical brewing. That one only calls for a small amount of honey and molasses, really not enough that much flavor comes through at the end (IIRC, it was just 2oz of each per 5 gallons). I wouldn't say using lactose in this style is traditional, but I don't know enough to say for sure. Off color brewing has made one ("scurry"). It's darker than the version in radical brewing, but seems to keep the same honey and molasses addition (no lactose in the description).

Latest posts

Back