Knuckle Sandwich recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gigan

Reaction score
Ok, it's been touched on before but does anyone have a lead on an extract recipe for this. Yes I drank 4 tulips of this and it ruined my life. Now I'm chasing the Beast. Any Help would be greatly appreciated and you will reach the level of Beer God status with me. Thanks :mug:

Hey Neovox Thanks, I got that ! I met a guy today at my brew shop who worked for Bootleggers and he gave me some more tips on how they brew it :) Thanks for your reply!

I had it a year or two ago and it was ridiculously sweet and syrupy, which I couldn't get past. Nice hops, though. Did they change the latest batch? Sorry, I don't really have any info on the recipe, other than they had to have used tons of crystal malt in the past.

Ya Iowa, Lots of crystal is used also some corn sugar according to a guy I met that worked there last year. Ill brew brewing my version of it later this week when my simcoe and amarillo hops come in,.

Ya, I didnt think it was that sweet I did feel that the hops were a but subdued though.

I've been chasing the dragon and trying to nail down this recipe for 4 months. While I don't have access to simcoe, the zythos blend seems to be working. This is my recipe (in its third iteration) -
http://hopville.com/recipe/1163322/imperial-ipa-recipes/knuckle-sandwich-to-the-balls-imperial-ipa

First one just finished bottle conditioning and its pretty close, but at 8.3% ABV, not quite there. Second batch should come in around 9%. This third batch (posted here) should be the one. Will let you all know later.

BJisgooder said:
I've been chasing the dragon and trying to nail down this recipe for 4 months. While I don't have access to simcoe, the zythos blend seems to be working. This is my recipe (in its third iteration) -
http://hopville.com/recipe/1163322/imperial-ipa-recipes/knuckle-sandwich-to-the-balls-imperial-ipa

First one just finished bottle conditioning and its pretty close, but at 8.3% ABV, not quite there. Second batch should come in around 9%. This third batch (posted here) should be the one. Will let you all know later.

OMG! Must try! Would someone be so kind as to convert this into an extract recipe? Thanks!

Back