Know where I can find a fermenter like this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verbal144

Reaction score
http://www.makebeer.net/About-the-Microbrewery-Kit
its the third picture down on the right

i got this kit for christmas and really like the fermenter. i was wondering if anyone knew of an online brew store besides cooper's that i could get one that is similar. i want to order another fermenter like this one (i like the spout at the bottom and the wide opening on top) someplace i can also order an extract kit to make my next beer. i'm just trying to get out of paying for shipping at both coopers and where i get my next ingredients.

linky

if this link does not take you to the item, then:

Brewing->Plastic tubs and Buckets-> 9th one down from the top

Tim

linky

if this link does not take you to the item, then:

Brewing->Plastic tubs and Buckets-> 9th one down from the top

Tim

thanks for the link, but after exchange rate and shipping to the US i'm better off ordering the bucket from coopers, paying shipping for it, then ordering ingredient kit from austin or someplace and paying shipping for that too.

Figured you might be, but you ask, and I had an answer so I shared.

I am trying to figure out if I want to use these or BB from now on.

Tim

Figured you might be, but you ask, and I had an answer so I shared.

I am trying to figure out if I want to use these or BB from now on.

Tim

yeah thanks anyway though.

never tried a BB, but like i said, i like my bucket because its easy to transfer with the spout (of course you can get a BB with a spout, too, for a little extra) and no need for a funnel because the opening is so big.

a BB is clear though so its easier to see what's goin on.

They are more an English thing than something we see much in the US, those and pressure barrel fermenters. They are cook but difficult to find over here. I'm sure there's a few places but I couldn't tell you where. You could google pressure barrels or cooper's fermenters and see if any of the places are in the US>

I have the same fermenter and it is by far my best one considering I have 5 others among plastic pails and carboys.

As far as I'm concerned makebeer is the only place you can buy the fermenter as part of their kit.

Back