Know What Sucks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKahuna

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I mean Really Sucks Big Blue Blistering Balls?

Running out of propane at 10:45 on Friday night....JUST before you reach a boil.

This is when It's good to live on a Farm / Ranch and have a wet leg on the propane tank outside....I was back to a boil by 11:07PM

These better be good.

Bummer bro..........I know what you mean. Ive got 30mins left in my boil and I'm runnin on fumes with no spare tank or anywhere to get more propane in time. I'll drink to that :mug:

As a city boy I am going to assume that a "wet leg" allows you to fill the small tank with the liquid from the big tank. Im sure its not what I first thought. ;)

If you use Blue Rhino, they don't go as far as they used to. They charge the same, but only do a partial fill. You're better off going to a LP gas company for your fills.

If you use Blue Rhino, they don't go as far as they used to. They charge the same, but only do a partial fill. You're better off going to a LP gas company for your fills.

Thats good to know. I've got to get propane this weekend, and we have a gas company right in the neighborhood. It never occured to me to try them, I usually just swap my tank out at the grocery store.

Please explain "wet leg" thoroughly. I may need to know for future reference. :)

While on the subject. I would like to let you know, and for no particular reason, that I have deliberately pissed myself on two separate occasions in the past. I'll give you the time to ponder that. ;)

Please explain "wet leg" thoroughly. I may need to know for future reference. :)

Think of it like the siphon tube in a C02 Tank. It is a tube that goes to the bottom of the Propane tank and pushes liquid Propane instead of gas.

While on the subject. I would like to let you know, and for no particular reason, that I have deliberately pissed myself on two separate occasions in the past. I'll give you the time to ponder that. ;)

My guess is that you did a very cold dive a time or 2, and pissed in your wetsuit to keep from going numb?

Think of it like the siphon tube in a C02 Tank. It is a tube that goes to the bottom of the Propane tank and pushes liquid Propane instead of gas.

My guess is that you did a very cold dive a time or 2, and pissed in your wetsuit to keep from going numb?

FACT : There are two types of people that dive. Those that have pissed in their wetsuits and those that have lied about it.:fro:

I was stung on my back my a Jellyfish once in Puerto Rico. I couldnt figure out how to pee over my shoulder without the possibility of pissing in my own face so I just toughed it out. :(

I was stung on my back my a Jellyfish once in Puerto Rico. I couldnt figure out how to pee over my shoulder without the possibility of pissing in my own face so I just toughed it out. :(

Yeah, I had one stuffed down the back of my shorts by an ******* "friend" in South Africa. He stopped laughing when I pissed on the drivers seat of his car. ;)

They got these things that tell u how much is left in your tank, I got one after the 1st time I ran out during a Saturday afternoon. Scared me, thought it would screw up my brew man.

after running out of propane at the start of a party on a saturday after the place I fill my tank had closed for the day, I bought an extra 20lb tank and keep it on hand as an extra so I don't run out again.

Got through the party by borrowing a tank.

I've run out twice. Once about 5 minutes into the boil, and the last time 5 minutes before flame out. My tank is STILL empty.

For some reason, it always happens for lighter beers and they're always the best ones.

Good info on the Blue Rhino. I'll get mine filled at the local LP place from now on. It'll probably be about 1/2 the price as well.

I just love this place....where else can one og from talking about running out of propane, to pissing on oneself to jellyfish and back to propane again...oh yeah, on a forum about making and consuming alcohol, of course...

Also, on some of those blue rhino tanks when you are trying to fill them at the local LP source you might run into a problem. BR is changing out their valves to require some magical key in order to fill it.

jellyfish story:
We were out surfing one day while I was in college. All of a sudden, one of my buddies doubles over in pain and starts screaming bloody murder. He reaches down into his board shorts and pulls out a friggin huge man-o-war. That sucker had gotten all tangled up in his junk. It was so funny to watch him try to paddle back to the beach and when he got there he started rolling in the sand grabbing his crotch and moaning.

Then some old salty surfer walks up and says, "You gotta piss yourself, bro." My friend wouldn't do it, so this old surfer whips his tackle out and pisses on my friend right there in front of God and everyone on the beach. We were all rolling we were laughing so hard. My friend was referred to as Stung Nuts from then on.

I'm glad that jellyfish didn't get me.

Latest posts

Back