Knockdown Brew Stand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allhandl

Reaction score
Ive been brewing for quite a few years and am looking to build a brew stand. I work for a material handling company who builds small customized forklifts for handling 55gal drums. We are setup for metalworking, hydraulics, electronics, have own powder coating facility etc.

In the midst of pondering my setup, Ive been working with the production manager and the idea came across to build/sell a more affordable system as well. His thoughts:

What do you think about offering these as a knock down version some assembly required type of package.

Imagine the top frame welded, the legs loose and would bolt to it at each corner (inside of the top frame) then cross members that would bolt between the legs.

The burners would be assembled in a straight line and would bolt in place as a unit. The switch panel would be wired complete with a harness ( it would bolt to the frame and you would plug

The wire harness to each burner control valve and circulation pump. And of course the circulation pumps and hoses would bolt on in its designated spot..

Basically you are talking about welding the top frame assembly and machining legs, pump mount plates and electric panel for switches.

One guy can wire up panel / wire harness another guy assembling and testing Burner assemblies .

It makes it easier to store assemblies and make things easier for shipping

Any cons to this? Anything already out there?

Sounds perfect for a lot of brewers. Think Ikea for brewing. I believe you could produce a viable business going this route. I would be interested in seeing design diagrams. You could also go electric and skip the burners. Though I don't know what testing you may need.

Sounds great.

Back