Knob Creek is the DEVIL...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maker's Mark, Knob Creek, I really like Eagle Rare.....those are my favorite cheapies.

Irish: Bushmill's 10 year single malt

Sooo goood. I really want to try their "Black Bush" but never forked over the $35 for the fifth. I'm a poor college student. The Bushmills Original is very good, especially for the price.

I'm more of a sippin' rum kinda guy myself, and I mean nice, dark, black rum, Whalers does good for the price, and nothing quite like some good Myers, Appletons is pretty good, but kinda over-rated I think.

I'm more of a sippin' rum kinda guy myself, and I mean nice, dark, black rum, Whalers does good for the price, and nothing quite like some good Myers, Appletons is pretty good, but kinda over-rated I think.

I love me some rum. Try Ron Anejo Pompero. It's a venezuelan dark rhum that is out of this world...

Though... if I were stuck with one rum for the rest of my life, it would be Rhum Barbancourt 15 y/o. The 4 is dreadful and the 8 is nothing to write home about, but the 15 is amazing. It's a light rhum, but is very nice for sipping. It doesn't offer what darker rhums do, but for a light rhum, it's pretty amazing..

Maker's Mark is the shizzle, as the kids say. I like Knob Creek too, in fact, I have a weak drinking bone (somewhere between the elbow and the shoulder) for whiskey and bourbon. I HATE firewater (or vodka, to some) though.

PS:

I drank a few Torpedoes tonight, and I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Sooo goood. I really want to try their "Black Bush" but never forked over the $35 for the fifth. I'm a poor college student. The Bushmills Original is very good, especially for the price.

Save the money and buy the 10-year. The combination of grain whiskey blended with the malt and exclusively using sherry barrels makes the Black Bush too sweet, IMO.

Knob Creek, Bookers and many others bite me when I drink them. It could be that I'm just a wimp when it comes to drinking. The Bourbon that we settled on as our standard is Woodford. The wife and I just finished sharing two glasses of it out at the fire pit. It's really smooth and settles well on your stomach. We've tried a lot of different Bourbons and some better than Woodford but, for the money Woodfords the one for us. We recently finished off a bottle of Old Rip Van Winkle 12 year. Now that was some good Bourbon. I loved the woody flavor it left in my mouth but, it was like $50 a bottle.

Another Bourbon I like that I haven't heard mentioned in this thread (unless I missed it) is Four Roses. I tried their single barrel a while back and it was excellent.

My personal favorite is Jack Daniels Single Barrel.

Though from the complete lack of Jack Daniels products mentioned thusfar, I suspect I'm about to inherit the wind... ;)

My personal favorite is Jack Daniels Single Barrel.

Though from the complete lack of Jack Daniels products mentioned thusfar, I suspect I'm about to inherit the wind... ;)

Single barrel is good. About the only decent Jack product. But being 20% more expensive than Makers- its not that good.

Back