KISS MFers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First concert. Cincinnati Gardens. 1978, I think. Saw them a bunch since.

My youngest daughter wants to go and see them at the Cheyenne Frontier Days this summer and I have to take a big ol' pass! :)

My first concert, as well. Aug 26, 1977 at the L.A. Forum. Got my dad and grandpa to take me (I was 9).

That 3-day stint (8/26-8/28) in L.A. was recorded and became the Alive II album. I was sick as a dog the next morning and had no idea why. Some years later I finally figured out that it was all the pot smoke in the air. Being 9 years old at the time, I had no idea what I was even smelling. Good times.

Edit: Oh, and Cheap Trick was the opening act. They hadn't made it big in the states yet, so we had no idea who they were. Just knew they weren't KISS, so didn't pay much attention to the set, just wished they'd hurry up so the main act could get started. A few years later I was a major Cheap Trick fan.

Yeah, I'm hip to that one! I like this song of theirs;

My daughter loves it when I sing this one...wife's mom was in the USO during WWII. That's how she met Big Ed!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, never got the whole KISS thing, but rock on, son...

cheers!

Yeah, I know that the Thompson Twins and WHAM! are very popular with old fuddy-duddys..:rockin:
Old KISS stuff was good...the crap they play now is, well....crap. NO Ace Frehely = blowage.

Seen Cheap Trick more times than I can remember. Robin's wife Pam was local girl and attended the same HS that I did....actually partied with ***** ****** in his limo 20-25 years ago...

Not at all. I honestly don't know anything about WHAM! other than I'm pretty sure they existed at some point in the last 64 years.

Watching Grand Funk Railroad at the Boston Tea Party on purple double-domes was more my style back in the late 60s...

Cheers! ("Even More Oldster Than You'd Imagine" ;))

Not at all. I honestly don't know anything about WHAM! other than I'm pretty sure they existed at some point in the last 64 years.

Watching Grand Funk Railroad at the Boston Tea Party on purple double-domes was more my style back in the late 60s...

Cheers! ("Even More Oldster Than You'd Imagine" ;))

Well, that's you're problem - you're too old! :)

Back