Kind of an Aeration Question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewcephus

Reaction score
Currently, I'm using one of these along with the shaking the bottle method.

I have a brew buddy who uses this and I tried to use it once, but it wouldn't fit into my glass carboy(I only have one glass carboy) however it does fit into my BBs. I would like to use one of these, but I was wondering if anyone knows if they make one that will fit into a glass carboy and if so, where I might can get it.

Thanks for your help! :mug:

For not too much more you could get a little oxygen injection system that uses disposable oxygen bottles. I don't know of a stirrer that is smaller, but you could make one pretty easy if you really wanted to go that route.

The wort stirrer won't fit in your glass carboy? It states right in the description that it fits in a glass carboy. I was under the impression that the opening of a BB and a glass carboy were almost the same.

I just shake the snot out of my BB's for a couple of minutes and have not had any problems.

The wort stirrer has plastic paddles - trim them a bit? Find some plastic and make new paddles?

The wort stirrer won't fit in your glass carboy? It states right in the description that it fits in a glass carboy. I was under the impression that the opening of a BB and a glass carboy were almost the same.

My BB's have a wider opening than my glass carboys. However, they have the same (or near same) outside diameter as I use the same orange silicone caps for all of them.

The wort stirrer has plastic paddles - trim them a bit? Find some plastic and make new paddles?

It's not the paddles that won't fit, it's the nut and bolt that are too big. And no, glass carboys and BB are not the same size opening :(

You should get one of these to use one of these.

Yeah, I was actually looking at that today and will probably just be investing in that soon.

Back