American IPA Kessel Run

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V-Fib

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Good ol Wyeast 1056
Yeast Starter
1L
Additional Yeast or Yeast Starter
N/A
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Tasting Notes
I get grapefruit my wife gets more floral
As a tribute to the late and great Han Solo I decided to make an IPA that paired Millennium hops with Falconer's Flight hops. I've never used either in a brew but the inner Star Wars nerd in me being a child of the 80s came raging forward. The name was originally going to be Millennium Falcon but as there is already an Imperial IPA with the same name it was changed to avoid confusion.

Grain Bill:
10 lbs Rahr 2-Row
2 lbs Munich Malt
0.5 lbs Honey Malt

Hops:
0.75 oz Millennium @ 60 min
1oz Falcon @ 10 min
1 oz Falcon at 1 min
2 oz dry hoped in keg

I wasn't expecting much but it turned out great. Initially the bitterness was over powering but that was 2 days after dry hoping in the keg. Its now a delicious and balanced nicely. Its definitely one I will make again, most likely for the screening of The Last Jedi.

If anyone tries it let me know what you think.

Kessel Run.jpg

Last edited:
i love the simplicity and it looks like a delicious beer! how many parsecs to chug that pint?

Anybody else ever cringe at the Kessel run line though? It doesn't make a lot of sense, given that a parsec is a measure of distance, not time.

Unless he is saying the Falcon is so fast that it can do the run using a shorter route that would be too dangerous for slower ships (a black hole maybe, or proximity to Imperial blockade ships...).

Back