Kentuckian in Buffalo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wandern

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been lurking in the forum for a few months now and figured it was time to introduce myself. I have been extract brewing for about a year now and before that had dabbled in making wine for a few years. Mostly using blackberries from my families small horse farm. I really want to get to all grain but only have a 6 gallon brew kettle. Is the rule just cut everything by percentage to get a smaller batch than the recipe calls for? 50% for half the batch size etc. Except the yeast of course. Searching the forums that seems to be the accepted method but just want to double check. BTW I have found this website to be the single most useful tool and source of info to brewing out there. Thanks for having me and look forward to sharing a brew with you.

That's all it takes. Times stay the same and you might as well pitch the entire yeast vial/packet you buy. You should be able to do 4 gallon batches without too much trouble in a 6 gallon pot.

Whats up Buffalo, NY? I went the other way and am now in bama. We just had some beer laws change, and it got me into home brewing.

Picked up some northern brewing scene magazine in the home brew store here local, and it mentioned coles. I lol'd pretty good, but if you haven't been there, go on ladies night.

apparently they have a ton of a great beer too... I never knew!

I've been to Cole's once before. Pot roast burger was amazing. Would love to go back when I have more time to get my drink on though. I still need to get my ass over to the Buffalo Brew Pub. It looks like the place to go.

Back