Kenmore 2.8 cu.ft. Conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cerveza23

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of threads talking about people converting their mini fridges to kegerators, however I have not seen a single one that answers my specific question.

What are the minimum dimensions needed for a kegerator to fit a single corny keg and a 5lb CO2 tank?

I have a 2.8 cu.ft. Kenmore and I am curious to see if I would be able to convert this thing.

1.4 ft^3 (((23/12)*(9/12)*(9/12))+((20/12)*(5.25/12)*(5.25/12))) is the answer to your question. However, it doesn't quite work out that way, given: different keg dimensions, the beer and gas line connectors, the orientation and size of the regulator, the height and width of the interior, the placement of the cooling unit, the placement and size of the hump that accommodates the compressor.

I know for a fact that a 22" tall pin lock keg will fit within 24" of height with low profile connectors and lines attached. If the inside of your fridge is 24" tall and has a floor that can accommodate a 9" diameter, you can fit the keg. As for the CO2 bottle, it depends on the size of your hump, but you will probably need a 2.5lb or 22oz paintball CO2 tank.

If you want to fit a ball lock keg, you'll need to get one of the taller 3.5 cu ft mini fridges available out there. One of those will definitely fit a single ball lock keg and 5lb CO2.

Latest posts

Back