KegKing MKII

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joon1975

Reaction score
I’m in the process of building my electric brewery. Working on my kegs and just order the components for the control panel. I have one KegKing MKII pump that I purchased from my buddy but haven’t used it.

My question should I buy another one to complete the set? Are they sufficient pumps for a Herms system? Should I purchase March or chugged pumps?

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks,
Conrad

I’m in the process of building my electric brewery. Working on my kegs and just order the components for the control panel. I have one KegKing MKII pump that I purchased from my buddy but haven’t used it.

My question should I buy another one to complete the set? Are they sufficient pumps for a Herms system? Should I purchase March or chugged pumps?

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks,
Conrad
herms does not require fast flow (nor do you want it)... It works better when throttled down in many cases. The standard industrial pumps keg king sells as the mk2 will work fine.. Ive been working with them for years on the equipment I maintain at work and they pump about 5 gallons per minute which is more than you safely want to be pulling through a false bottom unless you want channeling and stuck sparges..
I use 24v 3.2 gpm plastic pumps myself for use with my rims and have for over 4 years without issues ( i use them at about 1.5-2gpm flow rate for this) ... I have 3 pumps permanently plumbed in to my system so I dont have to move any hoses around to brew.

I’ll go ahead get me another Keg King, thanks for the info!!! If possible, can you post a picture of your three pump system.

I’ll go ahead get me another Keg King, thanks for the info!!! If possible, can you post a picture of your three pump system.
I just tried but every time I try to post any picture from my phone now I get an error that they are too large now.. Sorry. you can find some in my build thread below.

I use a MKII for re circulation and whirlpooling. Works great. I can't imagine a pump costing twice as much doing any better for the 6 gallon batches I do. Planning on ordering a SS head just in case the original breaks, but It seems pretty strong so far.

you can get the mk2 for like $65 now on aliexpress and I believe even ebay... (without the kegking branding) but these are standard industrial general purpose pumps that have been around for years. just make sure you get a 120v one.

Back