Keging AND Bottling...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechGnome

Reaction score
Cheers! :mug:

I'm a root beer home-brewer... been making small batches of the stuff off and on over the last few years. I'm now finally in a place where I have the room, time and funds to do larger batches (yay! :ban: ) As part of that I want to move to forced carbing so that I can make sugar free root beers (as a diabetic, this could be a good thing)... but as others have pointed out, there's nothing like pulling a cold one out of the fridge and cracking it open. :drunk:

So... does any one have any tips/tricks/suggestions/hints/warnings/red flags on how to force carb using a keging system AND then bottling the soda?

I haven't purchased anything yet, until I have this figured out.

:tank:

I think bottling carbonated soda will be difficult at best, as the carbonation level is so high it'll be hard to keep it from breaking out with the least provocation...

Cheers!

I'd give it a try with a counter pressure filler or beer gun but if it foams too much it might not be worth the trouble.

Couldn't you make a sugar free rootbeer and then only add enough real sugar to carb it.

Back