Keggle volume markings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Hart

Reaction score
I just set up my keggle for BIAB and roughly measured out the volumes at each ridge in the kettle. Has anyone else done this, and did you get different measurements then I did?

I measured the lower bumps in the keg, as well as the center weld. and got volumes of 3.5, 5, 7.5, 10, and 11.5 gallons (roughly) Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• 20230405_125652.jpg
    20230405_125652.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Here you go. I used a graduate gallon container. Probably different for different kegs. I did my boil kettle too but that one I did first and used a pitcher that was less exact.

1680714539397.jpeg

Here you go. I used a graduate gallon container. Probably different for different kegs. I did my boil kettle too but that one I did first and used a pitcher that was less exact.

View attachment 816940
thanks! looks like I was slightly off with my numbers. I used a pyrex measuring cup and went by 4 cup intervals

I've used a 2L measuring cup to verify my old bottling bucket (which has graduated markings) that I use as my large 'measuring cup'...some of the double lines are where I had a discrepency between small and large measure, sorry they're still there, but here's mine:
IMG_1480.jpg

..yeah, I think my 6 is in the wrong place, but the 6.5 is correct. :p

thanks! looks like I was slightly off with my numbers. I used a pyrex measuring cup and went by 4 cup intervals
You are probably fine, I'm sure these vary some both between and within manufacturers. Come to think of it, that's my HLT and there is a HERMS coil in there. Holds at least a quart and perhaps as much as two. I was thinking it was the more accurate of the two but just for me I guess! I'd post my BK but I am nearly certain it is off. It never matches my carboys. I did the measurements with my brew rig in the driveway and I am thinking I didn't have it level or the pitcher was off. My one pitcher only has quart marks and the BK being off is why I bought the graduated pitcher.

You are probably fine, I'm sure these vary some both between and within manufacturers. Come to think of it, that's my HLT and there is a HERMS coil in there. Holds at least a quart and perhaps as much as two. I was thinking it was the more accurate of the two but just for me I guess! I'd post my BK but I am nearly certain it is off. It never matches my carboys. I did the measurements with my brew rig in the driveway and I am thinking I didn't have it level or the pitcher was off. My one pitcher only has quart marks and the BK being off is why I bought the graduated pitcher.
Yea all the dip tubes and keg variations probably play a part in changing the volume levels

Back