Keggle question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaMead

Reaction score
I am about to start cutting steel for my brew stand.but I don't have keggles yet. What are the dimension of a typical keg? And if any one has a good set of schematics fora single tier stand it would save me a lot of time... Any tips would be appreciated

Are you going to Gravity or using pumps.Duh, guess I should have read your post. Single tier, keggle said need about 18" of surface. I am constructing a new stand for 15 gal pots and need 20" surface. Try to plan for the future and build one time. Wish I had heard my advice a year ago. This is my third version:)

Last edited:
Thanks, im trying to only build one, so each keggle needs about and 18x18 spot to sit. I just dont wanna cut it wrong and end up having to spend lots of $$ to fix

If you haven't sourced your keggles yet, I would suggest stainless kettles instead. Concord kettles at $90 each are beautiful for the money, come with lids, and get delivered to your door for $80 - $90... Just my opinion.

Wow I am glad I read this post 89-90 for a kettle is a good deal and not near as much cutting.

If you haven't sourced your keggles yet, I would suggest stainless kettles instead. Concord kettles at $90 each are beautiful for the money, come with lids, and get delivered to your door for $80 - $90... Just my opinion.

Funny you mention Concord, just received my 15 gal from them, very nice, quality pot less than $90 delivered!

Ok, I should search the site better before I comment lol
Ill have to think about these

Thank you, now just gotta try to find some, so im not dumping a kegs worth of beer down the drain

Back