Keggle Hardware Placement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksharpesays

Reaction score
Does anyone have or know where I can find a diagram or photo of what sort of hardware goes where on 3 keggles for a single tier brew stand with pump and plate chiller?

I have the 3 kegs, I have one of them already with a thermometer, false bottom, valve and pickup. The other 2 have no holes drilled in them but are cut open and ready for hardware.

Any and all responses are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

There is no 'right' or 'wrong' way to build your keggle. It's whatever fits your needs.

That being said, the sight glass should be as low as posible to allow you to get readings as close to 1 gallon as possible.

Also when if you put in a thermo, ensure it is low enough to be able to get readings when you need them. I've read multiple stories of people putting their thermo too high and they can't get a reading unless they're doing 10 gallon batches.

On HLT and BK I have my main drain valve as low as possible at '12 o'clock'. My sight glass is at 1 o'clock, again as low as possible. I also have a return valve for pumping back into the keggle at 10 o'clock. That one is at the top of the keggle, as high as I can get it.

Latest posts

Back