Keggle conversion in Sacramento?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivercat96

Reaction score
I was recently blessed with 5 Sankey kegs in great shape and would like to convert a couple into keggles and some into fermenters. Does anyone in Sacramento, California know of a good machine shop, welder, or gifted homebrewer who can do some work for a reasonable price or possible barter? The LHBS told me about a guy in Yuba City that does good work. Any ideas would be helpful, thanks.

Honestly, if you searched the forums a bit, you could probably find a good how-to and do it yourself. It's very easy if you use weldless fittings. I've got all weldless on my setup and haven't had a leak yet.

SoCo thanks for the reply. I thought about doing the work myself and have a brother with metal working tools but was hesitant to mess with weldless fititngs. Anyone else know of a good metal shop in the Sacramento area that can do conversions? Thanks.

I just picked up 3 kegs yesterday but can't use the third. Its a 13 gallon with a dented bottom. I took it to practice cutting on. I am looking for a third if you want to sell one. I too am in Sacramento (Natomas). I get my steel through Metal Craft Warehouse out of W. Sacramento. 1806 Enterprise Blvd. 95691. #916-374-9003. They have been awesome. They also have lots of business cards of metal fabricators if you ask for a referral. I picked up 2 on Saturday.

Back