Kegging Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corriveau

Reaction score
I was thinking about moving to kegging instead of bottling. I was wondering if anyone does/has bottled from there Keg. I want to be able to bring bottles to a friends house, and was wondering it is was possible.

Thanks guys:rockin:

A lot of people do, you can buy counter pressure bottle fillers to do this and there are a few DIY contraptions and techniques on this site. Personally I fill a growler or two when visiting friends and it works great for me

It is pretty easy and cheap to just stick a bottling wand in the end of your picnic tapper. If you find a #2 cork, it should fit the bottling wand and can be adjusted to the height of the bottle you are filling. I often pump the carbonation up in my keg a day or so before filling (but that isn't necessary), then I bleed off most of the pressure before filling. Chill your bottles as cold as possible, then insert the wand into the tapper, open the spigot and start filling. I just push against the stopper with my thumb to slowly let out O2 as the bottle fills with my beer/wine/cider. When it is pretty much full, I pull out the wand and cap the bottle. It lasts a good week or so under decent pressure/carbonation.

Back