Kegging is bad. M-kay?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deofol

Reaction score
After getting smashed on my Scotch ale from bottles last night... I've come to a conclusion that kegging homebrew is a REALLY bad idea. I think there should be more steps between me and good beer...

That being said, can't wait to order the kegerator, and tie one on. :rockin: lol

Funny though, I don't remember going to bed last night, but I woke up feeling fine. Just missing about 4 hours of memory...

No kidding, it's way too easy to drink my beer now. I go through 5 gallons a lot quicker than I used to. It used to be "Hey, I'm gonna throw three bottles in the fridge for tonight." Now it's, "Hmm, I've only had 4 pints, I think I'll pull another since it's cold, carbed and I'm still awake."

I just recently finished up my kegerator and I have to agree. I've got mine in the office (sitting right behind me as I type) and it's really dangerous having 10 gallons of beer a chair-swivel away while I'm playing poker in the evenings, or participating in druck chat. :rockin:

I've been slowed down quite a bit lately. The beers that are on tap were horrible failures and taste as such, but they are beer. I've just been hitting the bottled stuff with more gusto lately.

ohiobrewtus said:
I just recently finished up my kegerator and I have to agree. I've got mine in the office (sitting right behind me as I type) and it's really dangerous having 10 gallons of beer a chair-swivel away while I'm playing poker in the evenings, or participating in druck chat. :rockin:

I work from home as well.. try 15 to 20 gallons on tap at all times (4 kegs).

Ó Flannagáin said:
I work from home as well.. try 15 to 20 gallons on tap at all times (4 kegs).

I don't work from home (although I could. I can do 90% of my job from home if need be) and now that I started kegging I don't think that working form home would be such a good idea. :drunk:

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bosssssssssssssss, ya ya... I got that memo about the TPS reports... you got it homeslice..

I actually don't drink my beer as fast since the major drinking nights I'm out some where and I can't bring my kegs with me. Though a tap on the back of my car would be nice.

sause said:
I actually don't drink my beer as fast since the major drinking nights I'm out some where and I can't bring my kegs with me. Though a tap on the back of my car would be nice.
I saw that the other day. It was a old primmer colored van, with 3 beer taps on the side of it. I assume it is for some sort of catering or something.

"No Officer, there's no open container IN my car."

Jesse17 said:
I saw that the other day. It was a old primmer colored van, with 3 beer taps on the side of it. I assume it is for some sort of catering or something.

"No Officer, there's no open container IN my car."

I drive an Excursion. I could have about 20 taps on the side of that sucker!

Deofol said:
Funny though, I don't remember going to bed last night, but I woke up feeling fine. Just missing about 4 hours of memory...

As long as you don't wake up feeling like you got gang-probed, all is well.

Latest posts

Back