Kegging for real ale and bottling from same batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e10hssanamai

Reaction score
I have 5 gallons of ESB sitting in secondary in my kitchen. There is a Real Ale competition coming up next month in my homebrew club that I want to enter it in. The only problem is that I have no kegging equipment of my own. A homebrew club member is letting me borrow a corny keg, and the club has beer engines. Here is my question: I have no way to store it or enough people to drink 5 gallons of real ale that day or even that week; I would like to not waste it. Here is my question: can I keg half of the 5 gallons and bottle the other half? I heard you need to prime with different amounts of sugar if you are to bottle versus keg. Anyone have any suggestions or advice for me?

Thanks!!

Dan

What I have done in the past is prime in the keg, then bottle some once the beer is carbonated (biermuncher bottling method). You would need C02 to do this.

Latest posts

Back