Kegging Coopers Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beltran

Reaction score
Hello all I wanted to see if I can get some helpful advice here. I recently started build my coffin Keezer. I’m plan on having 3 taps, ones for a Coopers Stout. I will be using CO2 to carbonate the beer and serve. I don’t have a spare fridge to carbonate for two weeks as recommended. So I was thinking of force carbonating the beer and placing in the Keezer. I wanted to keep my Keezer at the severing temp of 38F. My question is what the best way to accomplish my goal here?

1. What’s the best way to carb a stout PSI/Temp
2. What length of hose would I need ( using regular faucets )
3. What a good serving PSI

Thanks in advance

1. What’s the best way to carb a stout PSI/Temp

stouts then to run a little warmer and lower carbed then most. check this out, http://www.kegerators.com/carbonation-table.php I like my stout about 40-45degs but i have found it difficult to pour above 38degs

2. What length of hose would I need ( using regular faucets )

you must use 3/16id. i used to know where all the numbers are but unless you use 10 plus feet 3/16id hose is the only size you need. also 5 feet is as long as you need you could get away with 3 1/2 feet to.

3. What a good serving PSI

I carb and serve at the same pressure 8psi.

Thanks F R O G for the help.
When you say " I card and serve at the same pressure 8psi " Does that mean you let the keg sit in the Keezer for 2wks @ 8psi then server?

Thanks F R O G for the help.
When you say " I card and serve at the same pressure 8psi " Does that mean you let the keg sit in the Keezer for 2wks @ 8psi then server?

yes, in order for the beer to carb right you have to cool it down. it's almost impossible to carb beer at room temp. I throw out the first half a glass because that's mostly yeast

What PSI would I put my Primary Regulator @ if I'm using separate regulators for each keg? See Pic.

Regulator Setup.png

Thanks F R O G,
That makes more cents, and saved me a few $$$. Being a newbie here I will take all the advise I can get .

Latest posts

Back