Kegging and Sulfur

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theDarkPint

Reaction score
I'm within a week or so of kegging my beer (and cold crashing). However, today's taste test still had traces of sulfur. How will kegging impact the ability of the sulfur to make its way out of my delicious, precious, cider? Does it help? Hinder? Make no difference? Would force carbing helping speed the removal of sulfur if I keep clearing the head space? Thanks in advance!

I heard kegging it, pressurizing it, letting off the pressure, and repeating helps purge the sulfur smell out... Have yet to try it, but I think I'm going to have a problem with the rhino farts with the smell of my cider fermenting after 2 days.

I'm within a week or so of kegging my beer (and cold crashing). However, today's taste test still had traces of sulfur. How will kegging impact the ability of the sulfur to make its way out of my delicious, precious, cider? Does it help? Hinder? Make no difference? Would force carbing helping speed the removal of sulfur if I keep clearing the head space? Thanks in advance!

I know I'm reviving a really old thread here, but I was wondering if kegging your cider helped with the sulfur smell? Did it eventually fade? Did you have to continually bleed the keg to release CO2?

Back