kegging a big beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerant

Reaction score
If I'm kegging a big beer 1.080 @ 12 psi should I wait longer then the normal wait time of 1 week?

Are you sure about this? I've never heard that ABV would affect the amount of time necessary for force carbonation.

That's exactly why I'm asking! Want to know if its different cause its force carbed and not bottle conditioned which I know you leave longer.

Pretty sure with force carbing it'll take the same amount of time to carb as any other beer. OG does not matter when force carbing

Your big beer will probably taste batter as it ages some in the keg, but it will be carbonated in a week.

Your big beer will probably taste batter as it ages some in the keg, but it will be carbonated in a week.

+1. % ABV has no effect of carbing w/ CO2. For the sake of good flavor, I wouldn't be drinking it in a week (unless it's an IIPA). Purge it, set it aside for a month or two at room temp and then chill/gas it.

Back