Kegerator upgrade & custom drip tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregthespy

Reaction score
Thought I'd post up a couple of pics of my kegerator upgrades. Planning an oktoberfest and wanted to serve more than just one beer so I was FORCED to upgrade my single chrome faucet to three stainless ventmatics. After I upgraded I needed a longer drip tray and as luck has it I'm a cad designer and laser programmer at a metal fabrication shop. So I found some inspiration of simple wheat and hop cone patterns online and drew up a design which would lend itself to some good drainage.
I'm pretty happy with the results, now I've just got to wait for my hefe and pumpkin ale to carb up to take it for a test run!

ForumRunner_20130912_202424.jpg

ForumRunner_20130912_202435.jpg

That drip tray looks great! Nice work! Any chances you could cut one for me for a three tap? I'm still on a drip tray hunt!

That's one of the coolest things I've seen on here in a while. People would buy those... probably a lot of people. I would.

Nice work man.

Very nice indeed. I agree with the others, you could have yourself a cottage business with those.

Did you figure out some way to identify where the condenser tubing was when you drilled the screw holes, or did you just get lucky you didn't outgas the freezer?

Cheers!

Woah!!! Totally stoked so many of you think its cool! Thanks for all the nice compliments, as for if I'm going to make more, I don't know, I try not to make any hobby into a job, I've done that before and it burnt me out on my passion. So I wouldn't want to do that again! I may go ahead and get a legit quote to have these made up if there's a market and see if its even worth producing to break even.
To answer some questions, Bradpoff, I'm in Orlando, Fl. If you're in the area you're more than welcome to stop by and have a brew!
Day_trippr, this is on an upright fridge, so I didn't have to contend with refridgerant lines when drilling through the door, although, it was a close call when I drilled through the side of it for my C02 line!
And lastly, brew ny, I love your avitar, just went to a Rancid show last weekend it was incredible! Cheers to listening to some good old school punk/ska while brewing!

Back