Kegerator Substitute...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooliganism

Reaction score
I was just looking into Jockey Boxes and was intrigued with how the coil / cold-plate quickly brings the beer temp. down so dramatically.

I was wondering if, instead of buying/making a kegerator, there was a type of cold-plate I could just plug into the wall to run the beer through so I can leave my kegs at room temperature and still enjoy a cold brew.

I don't know of any TeC cooled cold plates but you might be able to install the guts of a jokey box into a mini-fridge, something like a 1.7 cu/ft fridge if space is an issue?

Issue will be carbonation happens better at lower temperatures your co2 pressures would need to be significantly higher. Plus you have co2 come out of solution as it cools.

Issue will be carbonation happens better at lower temperatures your co2 pressures would need to be significantly higher. Plus you have co2 come out of solution as it cools.

.500 is a pretty good batting average.

Dissolved CO2 comes out with rising temperature, and will stay put with falling temperature...

Cheers! ;)

Back