Kegerator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanquin34

Reaction score
I'm in the process of converting a magic chef mini fridge into a kegerator. However, when I bent down the freezer tray on the top of the fridge, their seems to be a hissing noise coming from the inside of the fridge every 30 minutes or so. The fridge does get cold and the freezer tray does get really icey cold with some frost build up. Why does it make that noise. I was told that if I could have broken the pipe. But the fridge still get cold. Could it be because the freezer has more space to freeze since the tray was bent down. By the way, u bent the tray down slowly in really hot temperature. Nothing cracked, it bent easily. Any help would be appreciated please. Thanks.

Maybe you constricted/kinked one of the cooling lines in the freezer tray by bending it? So when the compressor kicks on, the refrigerant is forced through the constriction and that's the hissing sound. Not sure. If it still works you should be OK I guess.

Back