kegerator newbie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcmeyer100

Reaction score
We are in the process of installing a kegerator in our basement and a tower tap (3 lines) on our first floor and I need some help determining what type of equipment I need.

I was told that I will need to use a glycol system, but it looks like the product lines in the pictures of many of the glycol systems are much smaller than the product lines coming out of our tower. So how do you connect the two?

Also, if we have a 3 keg system, how many CO2 tanks and regulators do we need?

How can I be sure that drilling a hole in the top of my refrigerator (side by side unit) won't damage a coolant line or something else? thanks for your help!

We are in the process of installing a kegerator in our basement and a tower tap (3 lines) on our first floor and I need some help determining what type of equipment I need.

I was told that I will need to use a glycol system, but it looks like the product lines in the pictures of many of the glycol systems are much smaller than the product lines coming out of our tower. So how do you connect the two?

Also, if we have a 3 keg system, how many CO2 tanks and regulators do we need?

How can I be sure that drilling a hole in the top of my refrigerator (side by side unit) won't damage a coolant line or something else? thanks for your help!

look into building a keezer, wont damage the freezer

as far as the earlier question. one 5# co2 tank will do, and if you are doing all 3 kegs at same psi, then one reg off the co2 tank will work, and grab a 4 way manifold.

Thanks we already have the extra fridge. It is a side by side so the freezer isn't at the top. But I'm still wondering if it's okay to drill through the top.

search here or google corn starch test. basically you make a paste and spread it on the fridge. the heat of the coolant lines will melt the paste (or something?) and you can see where the lines are.

Back