Kegerator build, unusual mini-fridge; Tips?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCroteau87

Reaction score
Hi all, my first post here.

A few months back I picked up this bad boy at an appliance warehouse for $100. (I don't think they did they're research). Specs

I just started ordering the parts for a two tap setup and wanted some pointers on getting the tower installed. I don't think, given the setup of the cooling plate in the back of the fridge, that I'll run into any refrigerant lines on the top.

I'm really pumped because the internal dimensions are really respectable. All of the door shelves and drawers all unhook and allow more clearance without modification.

However, the light is smack in the middle of the inner ceiling; so, I'm worried the wires are right where I want to drill. I attached pics of the fridge and wiring diagrams but I'm having trouble following the diagram.

Any tips?
VTwJPl.jpg

erJDNl.jpg

23XHal.jpg

Be5jsl.jpg

frgy5l.jpg

132cYl.jpg

EDIT: Fixed imgur links.

The diagram will not tell you exacly were the wires are run ,most likley are running straight back . Here is a picture of the light and thermstat wires run on mine . I suggest you dont drill just push a punch/awl through 1st

cutting up 008.jpg

I dont see your thermostat or door light switch..... looks like if you hit light wires you could just isolate them and not have a light .

It may not be as clean as not hitting any wires period, but I was thinking I could trim away the plastic and isolate any wires in the foam. Then cut and add additional lengths of wire and then route them around the line shaft.

Also, I've been brainstorming a method for cooling the lines and spouts without using spray insulation and I've came up with this idea. To reduce energy loss I was going to place a 2.8"OD pvc pipe as an inner liner with a seal around the outer edge at the top that the tower would slide down over, ending just before the spouts. Then run a 1.5"OD pvc pipe up to that point with a 12v fan at the other end to force some cool air up into the area with the spouts and down the shaft where the lines will run. I figure the air velocity won't be very high but I should only need a small amount of air movement to keep circulation running.

Here's a diagram. It's a bit different than what I've seen other people around the forum do. I don't like the idea of cooling the whole tower because I feel like it would lead to a lot of condensation and energy loss.

4jPUF.jpg

nqmtg.jpg

Latest posts

Back