Kegerator Build - Almost Complete / Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonvolt

Reaction score
So, my morning project was to finish my kegerator. I am almost done! :ban:

Faucets are mounted; all that is left is to hook up my kegs.

Couple a' questions:

Should I use hose clamps where my beer line meets the nipple on the end of the shank? Also, I assume that the rubber washer should go into the nut first and the nipple should be inserted on top of it, right? (i.e. the washer is between the base of the nipple and the nut).

One more question - I took the inside plastic piece of the door off of the door itself. After installing my shanks and cutting out some places for the shanks to come through the plastic inside of the door, I replaced the plastic shelf pieces with the sealing gasket, etc. Now, my door does not shut nicely at the bottom of the fridge! :mad: It seems like the door is a bit too flimsy. Did I destroy the integrity of the door by cutting out a few big pieces from it? Is there a way to adjust refrigerator doors to get a better seal at the bottom?

I really don't know how I would get that door seal back in place without replacing the plastic shelf/door-interior thingy.

Any suggestions?

p.s. I can/will post pics later today, but my son has a pizza party with his JFL team at noon, so it may be a while.

I had the same problem with mine. I replace the inside of the door with a flat 1/4in piece of plastic. Haven't been able to get the door to seal right since. I have been planning on putting a hasp latch on the door to tighten it up when it's closed but haven't gotten around to it yet. Use a clamp on all of your hose connections, says problems later. You would hate to have one come loose and lose a keg of brew in the fridge.

Right idea on the nipples & shanks.
I have hose clamps everywhere.

I've got clamps on the kegger door. They're the type that has a lever that pulls the two pieces together when you latch it. When it was in Oakland, we used a padlock with it. Someone stole the hops out of the top freezer, so we added a latch & lock there as well.

"Drawer catch with padlock eye" Brainerd

Back