kegconnection.com - 4 corny kegs for $80?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spage

Reaction score
This is their "B grade" keg sale. Has anyone purchased any of these? It's a hell of a deal, but I don't want to get stuck with some kegs that look like they went over the falls.

All that really matters is the quality on the inside. Also, the seal. I think the store seal tests all there kegs. That is a very good deal. I would go for it. You may get some dented ones, but it won't hurt anything. You will definitely need to clean them out really good, and replace the o rings. I think that the store gives you free o-ring replacements. Just buy some keg lube with it. It will last forever.

I bought a set of these. They were very clean inside, although they still smelled like soda. I replaced the o-rings and the smell went away. The outsides are really scratched up but not really dented, they also said that the kegs would have loose tops/bottoms possibly, but none of mine did. I put all the hardware in some oxyclean for good measure, but they were so clean you could probably just replace o-rings, rinse/sanitize and use them right out of the box.

I bought a set of these. They were very clean inside, although they still smelled like soda.

Depending on who did the cleaning, that may not have been soda. The sanitizer that Pepsi uses on their kegs smells pretty distinctly like 7-Up. Still a good idea to clean them out completely and swap the o-rings on any keg.

The guys at kegconnection will treat you right. I've purchased 3 sets of 4 B-grade and all work just fine. I do have a couple with loose tops; anyone know where I can get new tops?

I just went and molested all the kegs I got from the B-grade 4-pack, and yeah I realized they are a little loose, but it's barely noticeable (at least from this new kegger's perspective). I imagine the only implication behind them getting *too* loose is that they would be very difficult to lift when full. The thing weighs about 35-45 pounds when full. Doesn't look like there's a way to reattach them if they come off..short of lots and lots of glue :p

Hmmm... maybe I should have replaced my o-rings when I bought them. They seemed alright though and did not smell after a brief oxy-clean soak.

Latest posts

Back