Keg to Bottles - Carb Up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burndog

Reaction score
Hello,
Got our first All Grain PLiney 4.0 BIAB almost done... But where to put this ? Got a 2.5 gallon Torpedo about done and half a 5 gal in the fridge.

Thinking to free up the 5gal by transferring to the 2.5 and bottling any left over.

Question: If the carb level is already as it should be, won't the transfer to bottles allow some carb loss so upping the current carb level prior to transfer to balance carbonation levels is required?

Or add a little priming sugar?

Method to transfer from Keg to Bottle is a racking cane inserted into the picnic nozzle, fill bottle to top, remove cane and cap. I've done this before when giving beer away but have not tested myself to see if the carbonation held.

Comments?

I do what you do often when giving away my beer and they all have reported back with good carbing. I do chill my bottles down and turn down the pressure to do a slow pour from the tap.:mug:

Back