Keg to Bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ja3372

Reaction score
I am still new to brewing and wanted to know the best way to move beer from the keg to the bottle. I have 2 1/2 gallons of beer in the keg but I have more fermenting about ready to be kegged. I want to know the best way to bottle the beer from the keg.

I fill bottles the same way some brewpubs fill growlers. Just use a hose attached to the tap. If you happen to have the right size vinyl or silicone hose, it may slide right into or over your faucet. Lowering the pressure on the keg can help reduce foam. Ideally, you want just a very small amount of foam in the bottle so that you can "cap on foam" to eliminate oxygen in the bottles. A beer gun or BMBF is better for larger volume bottle filling, but for a cheap way to fill a few bottles, it works for me. (I've entered beers in competitions with bottles filled with this method and scored in the 40's.)

I prefer the blichman beer gun, I think it works much better than the bier muncher method or other methods I have tried but that's just me.

i use a growler filler attached to my taps and just enough pressure to push the beer out (usually about 2 psi) then when i cap i invert the bottles real quick to get a foam head then clamp the cap down

Back