keg set up prices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRGRapid

Reaction score
So my local homebrew shop has a 5 gal keg selling right now for 30 bucks, i was wondering how much is the extra equipment gonna be? CO2 tank, gauges etc.

i tried doing a search but it didn't find an answer

Depends on what you can find, but a "good deal" would be:

5# aluminum co2 tank: $60
Regulator: $40 (or more, depending on what you felt you needed)
Lines/quick disconnects/etc: beer 10' lines at up to $2/foot: one keg, $20 QDs, $7 each (one beer line, one gas line)= $14/ and gas lines- 6', $10 or so. Faucet- picnic tap is $5 or less, a "real" faucet can be much more.

So, for $150 ish you can have a one-keg co2 set up.

Depends on what you can find, but a "good deal" would be:

5# aluminum co2 tank: $60
Regulator: $40 (or more, depending on what you felt you needed)
Lines/quick disconnects/etc: beer 10' lines at up to $2/foot: one keg, $20 QDs, $7 each (one beer line, one gas line)= $14/ and gas lines- 6', $10 or so. Faucet- picnic tap is $5 or less, a "real" faucet can be much more.

So, for $150 ish you can have a one-keg co2 set up.

oh, was hoping to spend about 100 on it, i think ima wait it out and stick to bottles for another batch or two

thanks for the links

You know, $30 is a decent price for a keg. Why not pick one up now, and hold onto it for when you're ready to pick up the other items.

The price of soda kegs has gone up a lot, and will continue to rise because there are a finite amount of them as soda is no longer packaged in them.

I spent about $150. The fact that you can force carb, and drink instantly when its done ferminting is priceless. No waiting weeks for bottle conditioning to hope you got it right.

Latest posts

Back