Keg Line cleaning with Ball Lock QD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjensen3618

Reaction score
I was thinking about a way to clean keg lines without having to take off the faucets in order to attach the standard keg cleaning kit to faucet coupler.
I also don't want to have to use a bunch of CO2 to pump cleaner through kegs.

What if I got one of these Ball Lock Post adapters, screwed a threaded nipple into the bottom of it which would connect to the cleaner pump bottle. Screwed the Ball Lock liquid out post to the top of it, then attached my Quick Disconnect keg lines that way.

Anybody foresee any problems with that approach? anybody done it like this?

Plug%20adaptor-short.jpg

put your cleaner and/or sanitizer fluid in the keg..then if you have an air compressor you could put on a quick disconnect on the "in" for your keg and pump some air in there. while filling with some air take off the ball connector to keep the pressure in the keg. then just open your tap that is still connected and your cleaner will run through your lines and tap...that way you arent wasting your CO2. hope this helps

Check out this thread. Its an easy DIY beer line cleaner. I think thats what your talking about but im not sure.

Just started kegging again. This is the way I'm going. I got 2 of the hand sprayers last week. It simply makes sense... and I just didn't feel like paying 50 bucks for a hand pump cleaning kit. Rediculous.... 16 bucks is what I paid at Home Depot.

Back