Keg in fridge too soon.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerMe82

Reaction score
I was supposed to let this cream ale age for a month before drinking. I keeged it and put it in the fridge with out reviewing the recipe one last time. Can I take it out and put it in the basement for a month? Or is it too late? It really needs to dry up a bit, not exactly the refreshing taste that I had expected by the description.

BTW, I keep my fridge in the mid to upper 40s I dont like good beer to be super cold.

I don't really think that aging it will dry it out at all. You really would have needed more attenuation from primary fermentation. By time you keg it should be done attenuating, at least a cream ale should be. What pressure/temp did you serve at? Cream ales should be highly carbonated, so that could be contributing to the fullness.

It will age in the fridge too. All of my beers taste better after being in the fridge for a month. I say give em a taste every so often to see how they progress.

Back