Keg doubts - Beer Spoiled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rycardo

Tinhosa Brewery
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I‘m planning to buy a keg and use it to storage some triples for couple of monthes.
What do you think about this, will be the beer stored in a Keg fresher and with more validity comparing with a beer stored in bottles?

From your experience, if I start drinking a beer from a Keg I should consume it immediately (like in 1-3 weeks)? Or, since is a Keg and the beer will not be in contact with O2 I will be able to consume it for month's?

My assumption is that on Keg the beer will be safer and protected from O2 for a longer period, and this means we will not have spoiled beer easily.

Looking for you comments and thought.

i've aged beers in kegs for up to a year. fill with beer, attach the co2 line, pull the pressure relief valve a couple of times (or until you are confident the O2 is out), then you are good to leave it in theory for a very long time

i've aged beers in kegs for up to a year. fill with beer, attach the co2 line, pull the pressure relief valve a couple of times (or until you are confident the O2 is out), then you are good to leave it in theory for a very long time
Thanks for your reply.
Should I keep in on a freezer or I could leave it in a room temperature?
Another question is related with forced carbonation, you do it before of after aging the beer?

Not saying it’s the right way but I’ve always aged at room temp. Carbed or not I don’t think it matters but I’ve never aged carbed

I've never had beer sit around long enough to wonder if its going to still be good. Brew it, keg it, drink it....repeat

Latest posts

Back