keg conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonham

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the great information. Does anyone see a problem with keeping a couple of kegs under around 25 PSI at room temp while I work on making room for them in the fridge since it will only hold four at a time. I don't want to stop making beer, but don't have any more cooler space. I would like to have them already conditioned and carbonated, so they may stay this way for a few weeks before I can chill and drink them. Also, do they need to stay connected to a CO2 tank the entire time they are in the closet. That would not be a problem as I have other tanks and regulators for planted aquariums.

That's pretty much how I do it. I have a temperature controlled brew closet that I keep at ale fermenting temps (for now). My kegs live there under 20-30 psi (regulator/tank disconnected) until I'm ready to drink them.

It won't hurt anything but don't expect it to be fully carbonated. The beer doesn't absorb much C02 at that temp, but that pressure will seat the orings quite nicely.

BierMuncher said:
If it's going to be more than two weeks, you might as well prime them wtih 1/2 cup of corn sugar each and let them condition naturally. Save ya some gas.

X2. This is what I've done with the kegs I can't place in my kegerator (only holds two). My closet stays between 65 and 70 degrees.

Back