Keg conditioning using Candi Syrup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotbags-10

Reaction score
Have a Belgian Pale ale that I want to keg condition. I would like to use CSI's simplicity syrup. They list amounts needed for bottles but not corny kegs. I know typically kegs use about half the amount of sugar than bottles for carbing. Wondering if if that would hold true for syrup? I emailed CSI but they have only ever tried it with bottles. Thanks for any help

Have a Belgian Pale ale that I want to keg condition. I would like to use CSI's simplicity syrup. They list amounts needed for bottles but not corny kegs. I know typically kegs use about half the amount of sugar than bottles for carbing. Wondering if if that would hold true for syrup? I emailed CSI but they have only ever tried it with bottles. Thanks for any help

I don't see a reason why the same ratio wouldn't hold true for the syrup as it does for sugar. And even if it is a little undercarbed, it will come up to normal once it is on CO2 in you kegerator / keezer anyway.

Back